A while ago, I started doing makeup looks based on the Hogwarts houses. I did Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, but figured they weren’t good enough. So I ordered lipsticks in all the house colours and I decided to redo these two looks and finally do the other two houses. First up: A new take on the Ravenclaw look.
The house colours are blue and bronze, so I tried to implement both of those colours. It became a very blue thing though. This look was made using mostly budget products, and I will try to explain how I did this, step by step.
Ravenclaw look: step-by-step
- Start off with your favourite foundation. I used one by MAC but whichever one you prefer.
- To start off with, I took a white colour from the I Heart Chocolate palette by I Heart MakeUp, and applied that all over my lid and up until the brow bone.
- I then took the second lightest blue colour in the Make Up Revolution Mermaids vs. Unicorns palette and applied that all over the moving lid.
- I took the darkest brown colour of the I Heart Chocolate palette, and applied that in the crease of my eyes and I blended that out with a fluffy blending brush.
- I then went back to the Mermaids vs. Unicorns palette and took the darkest blue colour. With an eyelinerbrush, I created the wings in the outside of my eye, by using soft strokes until I had the desired effect.
- I then took a lighter brown colour and with the same brush, I applied the colour under the blue wings to create a little more depth.
- With a pencil brush, I went into the blue we used on the eyelid and applied it under my eyes and then blended it out a little.
- With an angled brush, I chose a sparkly brown colour from the I Heart Chocolate palette, and applied it in the corner of my crease and then blended it out.
- I then applied mascara and the blue lipstick by Freedom MakeUp in the colour Unicorns Unite Horns of Magic.
- And that was it!
I hope you liked it! I think I will do a Slytherin look next when I have time. Let me know in the comments what you think!