So, about two days ago I was playing around with my make=up, as one does, and I created a purple smokey eye look. I wanted to film it so I could share with you how I did it, but my camera said no. So I managed to film parts of it. Which is not enough for a video obviously. So instead I decided to take screenshots and explain to you what I am doing so that you too can make this fabulous look.
PS: I am not as good as all the beauty gurus on Youtube, but at least this is not impossible to recreate.
PPS: Yes, I know my eyebrows are not ‘on fleek’ as kids these days say. But I am terrible at getting them on fleek because I strongly dislike pain. And once you have had my mother try and do your eyebrows, you know you never want anyone to come near you with a tweezer again. But I will make sure I get them done next time.
1. I started with a primer and put it all over my lid and above. This makes your eyeshadow stay flawless. And we all want to be flawless.
2. With a pencil brush, I take some white eyeshadow and put it in the inner corner of my eye. That makes you look all fresh and fruity.
3. With an eyeshadow brush, I’m going to put the white all over my lid.
4. I take a lightist purple colour and I apply it about halfway through the lid. Then with a fluffy brush, I blend it into the white.
5. Then I take a colour that is a little darker and apply it to the outside corner of my lid.
6. Time to take the tape, apply it near the outside corner of your eye and go in with a dark purple colour. Apply it in the crease as well and blend it out with a blending brush. I applied a tiny bit of black in the outside corner, but you can do whatever you please.
7. With the pencil brush, I apply some white underneath my eye and after that I takr the dark purple and apply that to the other half underneath my eye (but then the camera said no again).
8. Apply eyeliner. Once again my camera quit here. What I do is put a line in the corner of my eye that goes upwards. That is going to be my wing. I then apply the liner on my lid and build it up until I get the amount of eyeliner I like. I then connect the wing with the rest. Know that deadly sin number 1 is to pull your eyelid back, but I don’t care about that cause I am a rebel.
And this is the final look in a semi-modellish photo:
I hope that you found this useful. Next time I will make sure my camera says YAS when I want to film. Oh and I will get those eyebrows on fleek. Pinky swear.